الجمعة، 30 سبتمبر 2011

New Article from Aaron Hockley

New Article from Aaron Hockley


My Photowalking Camera Bag: Lowepro Classified 160 AW

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 09:24 AM PDT

Tomorrow is the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk, an annual event where tens of thousands of photographers around the globe head out to create interesting images. As I prepare for this year’s event, I’m going to be placing my gear into the Lowepro Classified 160 AW, a shoulder / messenger-style camera bag that I’ve been using for a few months.

I acquired my Lowepro Classified 160 while attending one of Derrick Story’s workshops in June and have used it quite a bit since that time. It’s a shoulder-style bag that holds a bit more gear than one might first assume upon seeing the compact size. There’s a main pocket for camera gear that’s accessed via a rugged zipper across the top of the bag; this bag does not require opening up a big flap for access as is the case with many shoulder bags. I’ve come to appreciate the easy access via the zipper when compared with having to reach down, unbuckle a strap, and then lift a flap as is the case with most shoulder bags.

The removable and configurable padded dividers inside make it easy to customize based on your particular gear, but I routinely carry a DSLR body, a couple lenses, and a speedlight or two. The compartment is well padded and I’ve never had an issue with any problems with gear in the pouch. In addition to the big main (divided) gear pocket, there are a few other pockets. Underneath the flap is a pouch that’s just the right size to carry an iPad, notebook, or similarly-sized item and there’s a velcro-closed pocket for smaller items such as pens, business cards, a remote shutter release cable, spare memory cards, or other small pieces. Speaking of memory cards, the bag includes a (detachable) memory card wallet.

For quick trips with a camera and a few accessories this bag is perfect and I really like it as a bag for photowalking. The shoulder style with the zippered top works great for easy access to the camera and lenses or to add/remove a flash while in the field. The ability to add an iPad and other items makes it a great bag for a quick overnight trip; I’ve gone on a couple of short travels where I simply brought a very small suitcase for clothes and then put my camera gear and iPad into the Classified 160. The “AW” designation in the model number indicates All Weather, which means there’s a waterproof rain cover incorporated as part of the bag design. It’s a nice feature if you live in an occasionally-wet climate.

The Lowepro Classified 160 AW is a great bag and I highly recommend it for someone wanting to carry a camera and a couple lenses and/or speedlights.

Buy the Lowepro Classified 160 AW through Amazon.com or B&H Photo.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق