الثلاثاء، 1 نوفمبر 2011

New Article from Aaron Hockley

New Article from Aaron Hockley


Confessions of a Workflow Addict

Posted: 01 Nov 2011 11:00 AM PDT

I have a thing for workflows.

I really enjoy reading and listening to stories about how others do their work, especially when it’s a tale from someone who has proven themselves to be one who creates something interesting and often.

  • When I see that a new episode of Mac Power Users features a workflow interview, I get all tingly.
  • When a smart photographer dives into their photo processing or archiving system, I pay attention.
  • When Merlin talks about Cranking, I’m going to devote time to read it.

I realize that focusing on workflow could suck energy into the process rather than the result. As Eddie points out today over at Practically Efficient, messy studios can make great art.

I’d like to think I learn from others’ workflows in order to improve my own, allowing me to be more efficient in my various tasks so that I’m able to devote more energy towards shipping great things rather than performing tasks which constitute overhead. Yes… this is how I like to think of it. Because if the focus is on the process rather than the results, then I have failed. It matters that one GSD (gets shit done) and not how one does it.

I realize that every paragraph here that’s not a bullet point started with the word “I”; this is about my situation. It may or may not apply to you. But if it does, I hope it’s been helpful or interesting in some way.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق