الجمعة، 25 نوفمبر 2011

New Article from Aaron Hockley

New Article from Aaron Hockley


I Don’t Get It: piRAWnha for iPhone

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 08:30 AM PST

Earlier this year, I offered a review of an iPad app called piRAWnha that allowed for the viewing and conversion of RAW files on an iPad. It was a straightforward app that does what it promises, allowing for the RAW files from a variety of cameras to be used on an iPad and it’s able to accept those files from the iPad’s Camera Connection Kit. It totally makes sense for a lightweight image editing solution.

There’s a new version of the app now and it’s designed for the iPhone. The piRAWnha folks sent me information about the app, and from what I can tell it offers all of the same functionality as the iPad version except that it currently only supports RAW images transferred via iTunes.

I can’t understand any sort of use case where one would have RAW images on a computer that has iTunes and then want to transfer and edit those files on an iPhone. Can anyone explain how this would be helpful in the real world? I asked the piRAWnha people and they indicated that a few folks had been asking for it so apparently it’s of use to someone… but who? I’m genuinely curious.

If you’re one of the folks who is interested, you can buy piRAWnha for iPhone from the App Store for $4.99.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق