السبت، 14 يناير 2012

Aaron Hockley

Aaron Hockley


I Heart Google Personalized Search

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 01:49 PM PST

Google LogoI’m digging the new integration of Google’s social features with search results. And because I’m tired of typing out the same responses over and over to various unhappy folks, I offer responses to actual questions (some paraphrased) I’ve been asked, usually more than once:

Google isn’t being objective! It’s favoring its own social network!
Yep, welcome to business. It’s a business decision that might cause some folks to take their business elsewhere, but it’s a business decision they’re free to make.

This means that personalized search results are going to be better for those who have become heavy Google+ users!
Yep.

But I hate Google+!
So?

It’s not fair!
Didn’t someone have the “Life’s not always fair” talk with you as a child?

Google should show me completely independent/neutral search results!
No. Google should, as a for-profit corporation, make decisions that it feels will best benefit its financial interests and shareholders.

The results keep showing me annoying or crappy content being shared by my friends!
Um… get better friends?

I don’t want to see it!
Turn it off. In the upper right, click the globe icon instead of the person icon.

I don’t want to have to turn it off!
No worries. Nobody’s forcing you to use Google search. Enjoy Binging, or head over to DuckDuckGo.

Change is bad!
If you say so.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق