الجمعة، 10 فبراير 2012

Aaron Hockley

Aaron Hockley


Evernote is Not a Solution (and Software Recommendations in General)

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 09:35 AM PST

Evernote LogoIf there were one software program that I keep seeing used by a ton of smart people such as Brandie and Brett and that I can’t seem to find a use for, it’s Evernote.

I read quite a few blogs of folks who mention that Evernote is part of their digital organization strategy. It keeps getting mentioned on my favorite podcasts. Brett even sent me a copy of his awesome Evernote book a while back1.

But I just can’t find a good use for the software for myself.

Other Apps Are Meeting my Evernote-y Needs

I keep blog posts, random notes, and travel information in text files that are synchronized via Dropbox. I keep tasks in OmniFocus. Photography shoot information (including future ideas for projects/locations) goes there as well.

Software is Personal

There isn’t a single software solution that’s right for everyone. I will happily write and speak about the software I use to get things done and move through life, and I will happily converse with people to see if it might be able to help them as well. But I won’t get religious about it and I won’t claim that my way must be the way.

That said…

If you have some crazy-good use for Evernote, please leave a comment below. Perhaps it does something awesome that I don’t know about, or perhaps you’ve found a great hack or use that adds a lot of value to your life. Please share. Even if Evernote isn’t the right software for me, I want to learn how you use it.


  1. Brett’s book really is great. If you’re thinking about Evernote, buy it. I wouldn’t be an affiliate if I didn’t think it was a good book. 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق