الاثنين، 16 أبريل 2012

Aaron Hockley

Aaron Hockley


On Facebook, Instagram, and Me

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 04:23 PM PDT

Facebook logoI generally don’t hide the fact that I loathe Facebook. The company has repeatedly made moves which aren’t good for the internet, yet somehow has convinced most of the world that they should spend hours each week participating on the Facebook website. I reluctantly use the service since it’s a way to keep up with some people who, for various reasons, don’t use the rest of the internet.

Until last Monday, I was a big Instagram fan. I actively used the service, enjoying the photo-based social network. And then Facebook bought Instagram.

Instagram IconI stopped using Instagram and haven’t uploaded any photos since the acquisition. I didn’t go as far as deleting my account, but I wanted to spend some time thinking about what a Facebook-owned Instagram would mean, and whether or not I wanted to participate in such an endeavor.

While I’m pretty sure that Facebook will find some way to screw up Instagram, I’m going to continue as an Instagram user for the time being. The social network component of Instagram has no equal and I want to continue participating with the individuals I’ve met via the app. Although I’d love to quit Instagram on principle, there isn’t another viable photography social network where I can interact and share at the level that’s possible via Instagram.

I will also be uploading all of my mobile photos to a SmugMug gallery so that I’ll have a copy of my images in the event that Facebook does something stupid.

Feel free to add me on Instagram, my username is aaronhockley.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق