الخميس، 17 مايو 2012

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley


The Dirty Little Secret of Attending Meetups

Posted: 17 May 2012 10:00 AM PDT

In which I create an image on my iPhone with the subject of Instagram photographer @pdxchristianna as she makes an image near Portland's Southeast Hawthorne BlvdAlthough work and family life keeps me busy, I also find time to attend a few meetups each month. Last night I got together with the Portland Instagram meetup. I attend the Portland WordPress user group when I can. Mobile Portland often offers discussions about the rapidly-changing world of portable computing and connectivity.

The secret of these meetups is that I don’t go to learn about Instagram, WordPress, or mobile.

I go to meetups to meet interesting people.

Sure, those people might share a common interest in photography, or blogging, or tech, but I’m more interested in the people than the subject.

I’m not as interested in learning about someone’s Instagram photos as I am the fact that while we’re chatting, he invites me to a private office location with good views of the city. I’m not as much curious about some new function in the code of WordPress as I am about the person discussing it, because she probably has some insights that will help me grok something specific to my situation in the future.

It’s about people, not things.

Interesting Links Roundup: May 16th

Posted: 16 May 2012 02:00 PM PDT

As I wander the web I find interesting things. I share:

What have you seen lately that’s interesting?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق