الاثنين، 19 أغسطس 2013

Theme Change

 


Theme Change

About a year ago, I wrote this post about how I was trying to change what I wrote, how I wrote it, the nature of introversion and fear, and how these two nefarious elements had been holding me back.  In the post, I touched on a number of personal issues, one of which – as it turned out – was very much the theme for me last year: Editing.

That theme applied to my writing, how I was running FeedBlitz, and to my personal life as well. Constantly editing was a drag. It ended up holding both the business and me back, to the detriment of both.

As I was preparing for the upcoming week, which will include spending a lot of time at the HubSpot Inbound conference in Boston, I realized that the theme has changed. And it has become – drum roll, please: Transition.

Both FeedBlitz and I are in transition. And, to spare you all, I’ll largely stick to the business side of things for now. Looking back, the posts that have been the most meaningful for me this year have been about change. Transitioning to a more scalable business. Hiring people. Becoming more. The changes set in motion in the Spring have already yielded much progress, and there is more goodness to come.

Part of being successful in business and in life, I think, is noticing the small but important elements that keep recurring. Paying attention, if you will.

And there it was, waiting for me to notice: Transition. I’m excited about this, this transition. It means that “Next” is close at hand, and that recognizing this year’s theme, while it lasts, means that I can also start to accelerate it, encourage it, perhaps even guide it, rather than simply letting it happen.

So, for me and this business, the theme is transition. Can’t avoid it. Time to make the most of it.

And you? What’s your theme right now, and how has it affected you, your work and your life?

        

 

Sponsor message
powered byad choices

More Blitz Bits

Get These Great e-Books from FeedBlitz

Get the free FeedBurner Migration Guide e-book Buy List Building for Bloggers, proven email strategies to build your audience, increase engagement and grow your income. Find out how to make the most of FeedBlitz.

Sponsor message
powered byad choices



Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق