الأربعاء، 25 سبتمبر 2013

Three Plugins to Get More from Your WordPress Site

 


Three Plugins to Get More from Your WordPress Site

FeedBlitz PluginsToday's guest post is by Kate Finley

As a business blogger, I am always looking for tools to help make my WordPress site more user-friendly, intuitive, and increase opportunities for lead generation.

There are so many options when it comes to plugins for Wordpess, that I've often found myself searching generically within Google for something like, "Wordpress plugin for pinning images" just to see what options come up.

Over time, I've come to rely on several plugins to the point I forget they are even additions to my site instead of a part of my site. They are that integral to my site and blog. So, I want to share three of my favorite plugins that I would gladly pay for (even though, thankfully, two of them are free) because they are that good.

WordPress SEO by Yoast

I first learned about this plugin from the Spin Sucks blog, where it was highlighted as an easy to use SEO tool for WordPress. I immediately downloaded the plugin to test it out myself. As I've mentioned before, I am not a techie. So having instructions for what to click and what to type really helped me get my start with this plugin.

Basically, this plugin helps to streamline the foundational SEO process for you. They guide you through linking your Google Authorship, Google Analytics, and optimizing each blog post for specific keywords. The individual post optimization is my favorite feature within this plugin because it helps to ensure that each post I share is optimized properly through an easy to use form at the end of each blog post draft. It's super helpful. Cost: FREE.

jQuery Pin It Button For Images

I actually first learned about this plugin on Pinterest. Ironic, I know. Regardless, this plugin is easy to use and absolutely awesome. Activate it and you will see the images on your blog or website turn into mini traffic generators. Simply hover over any image, after installing the plugin, and a "Pin It" button will appear, giving you the option to add the image to your Pinterest account.

This tool is awesome because it links the pin back to your site and can be a great traffic generator. I have this plugin on both my personal blog and business site and have seen an increase in Pinterest traffic because of it. Cost: FREE.

Pippity

Pippity is a visually appealing and user-friendly pop-up generator that helps to keep your popups from looking and acting spammy.  You can customize the layout, colors, fonts, and add an image to as well as set a timer for when it should appear and on which pages or posts. There are a lot of possibilities with this plugin. Cost: Visit the site for pricing or give it a test drive.

So, those are three of my favorite plugins for WordPress (not to mention Livefyre of course) … I'd love to hear which plugins are your favorites as I'm always looking for options to make my life easier, and my site smarter. Share your favorites in the comments below or tweet me.

We still have spots open for guest bloggers in October. If you're a FeedBlitz user and have an idea for a guest post, send it to Kate.


 

Sponsor message
powered byad choices

More Blitz Bits

Get These Great e-Books from FeedBlitz

Get the free FeedBurner Migration Guide e-book Buy List Building for Bloggers, proven email strategies to build your audience, increase engagement and grow your income. Find out how to make the most of FeedBlitz.

Sponsor message
powered byad choices



Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق