الخميس، 4 سبتمبر 2014

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley


Speaking About the Rainmaker Platform in Portland

Posted: 03 Sep 2014 11:12 PM PDT

I was recently approached by an organizer of the Portland WordPress meetup and invited to speak about the launch of my new WordPress for photographers website called WP Photographers. He suggested I might speak about the site design and the choices made for hosting and plugins.

WP Photographers isn’t like most other sites. It’s not hosted on a standard web host and it’s not hosted at WordPress.com. I had some choices to make regarding hosting. I’ve happily used WP Engine in the past for a couple sites, and I had a good experience with SiteGround when I launched a recent project.

The Next Generation Online Marketing and Sales PlatformBut I’d been hearing a lot about the New Rainmaker platform being built by Copyblogger Media. It looked pretty attractive and after evaluating several considerations, I decided to plop down a fair chunk of money and sign up.

At the Portland WordPress meetup on the 29th, I’ll be giving a talk where I walk through why I chose Rainmaker, what I’ve found to work well, and where I’ve found it lacking thus far. It’s a great fit for some sites and a poor fit for others… we’ll look at how it fits into the WordPress ecosystem and how it compares against traditional shared or managed hosting options.

Disclaimer: I’m an affiliate for pretty much every platform and hosting company mentioned, so purchases through those links will get me a small commission. Each is strong in their own ways. I’m certainly not making hosting decisions based on small affiliate payments.

The post Speaking About the Rainmaker Platform in Portland appeared first on Aaron B. Hockley.

Most Misnamed Store Ever?

Posted: 03 Sep 2014 10:28 PM PDT

The Guinness Store - Las Vegas

They don’t sell Guinness. Las Vegas, Nevada.

The post Most Misnamed Store Ever? appeared first on Aaron B. Hockley.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق