الأربعاء، 16 نوفمبر 2011

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley

Here are 2 new articles from Aaron Hockley


If I Were to Start All Over Again with Twitter…

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 11:15 AM PST

If I were to start all over again with Twitter…

  • I would make sure I had a great bio from day one.
  • I would disable “new follower” notification emails.
  • I would use YoruFukurou as my Twitter client
  • I would start a list for those folks whose updates I really, really want to see
  • I would start a list for each of my top three areas of interest. In my case that would be photography, Portland/Vancouver, and blogging.
  • When I attend an event, I’d start a list for people I met at that event or those who were actively tweeting about the event. During the event, I’d monitor said list closely. After the event, I’d move relevant folks to another list and delete the event list.
  • When “reading” Twitter, I’d pay attention to my lists instead of my general timeline.
  • I probably wouldn’t follow many brands. I’d following interesting people that work for brands, but I wouldn’t follow the brands themselves.
  • I would instantly unfollow anyone who sent me an auto-generated Direct Message.

Some of these measures can start at anytime, but it sure would have been nice to have this insight from the beginning. Of course, Twitter today is very different than Twitter when I joined in February 2007.

What would you do if you were able to completely restart your Twitter experience?

Dodson Steam

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 08:30 AM PST

UP 844 leads a westbound special amongst a cloud of steam near Dodson, Oregon

UP 844 leads a westbound special a few years ago amongst a cloud of steam near Dodson, Oregon

If you’re on 500px, I’d love to have you comment or rate this photo.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق