الخميس، 8 مارس 2012

Here are 3 new articles from Aaron Hockley

Here are 3 new articles from Aaron Hockley


Interior Sunrise

Posted: 08 Mar 2012 08:30 AM PST

Looking up into the half-dome of the Cincinnati Union Terminal building.   Such a colorful ceiling.

Looking up into the half-dome of the Cincinnati Union Terminal building. Such a colorful ceiling.

Six Months of AaronHockley.com

Posted: 07 Mar 2012 03:30 PM PST

Six months ago on September 7th, I consolidated. Instead of blogging on a few different sites, I brought things together here and started writing exclusively on AaronHockley.com for my various topics (almost all of which surround photography ). This also marked a shift into what boils down to being a personal blog, the notion of which is a bit different in 2011-2012 than it was in the period where young people were on LiveJournal and tech geeks ran Movable Type.

Lights illuminate a Seattle sidewalk as they shine up through the rain-covered surface.I’m really pleased with my decision to bring things together. As I mentioned when discussing the topic at WordCamp Portland this past fall, I’ve found that my habits for consuming information often led to me following interesting people rather than just following interesting topics. I might learn of someone from their writing about photography, or copyright, or technology, or local, but I then find that the person is an interesting writer in general. So I subscribe to his or her site and read the articles, and learn about subjects of interest as well as other topics. I’m usually happy with the results.

In numbers, this site has grown pretty steadily, reaching an audience of about 7,800 unique visitors in February. The most popular articles included how to move Lightroom from Windows to a Mac, a photo sharing website comparision, an article about how to post photos to Google+ from Lightroom and some writing in which I explain that you’re doing photography wrong.

Here’s to another six months of growth, relationship building, and putting words on the screen.

iPhoto for iOS: WTF Moment

Posted: 07 Mar 2012 02:43 PM PST

News flash: You can’t edit photos on the iPad Classic because it doesn’t have a front facing camera.

No iPhoto Without Front Facing Camera

As they say…. the hell?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق