الجمعة، 29 يونيو 2012

Aaron Hockley

Aaron Hockley


That Creative Twitch

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 08:30 AM PDT

One of the hallways inside San Francisco City HallWhen I don’t get to create, I get twitchy.

A day in which I don’t make a photograph, write a blog post, create some video, or engage in another act of creation is a day in which I feel I’ve failed and landed in a bad place.

Wednesday was such a day. After a frustrating day of computer problems and meetings, I had dinner with my family and then Jennifer and I went to an adults-only event at the local science museum. It was a lot of fun, but by the time we arrived home around 10pm I was tired and didn’t have the energy or time to make something. I checked a couple things quickly on the computer and got ready for bed.

And then I realized something was bothering me. After a couple minutes I identified the lack of much creativity as being that thing.

I grabbed my iPad off the nightstand, opened Byword, and wrote this post. And then that twitch was gone. I made something.

What happens when your creativity isn’t able to spill out?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق