الثلاثاء، 12 مارس 2013

Aaron Hockley

Aaron Hockley


Zappos Customer Service: My First Time

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 07:45 AM PDT

Given that I order darn near everything else online (thank you Amazon Prime), it’s a bit surprising that, until a couple weeks ago, I’d never ordered shoes from Zappos.

After a frustrating trip to the mall, I decided to try out ordering shoes online. I was slightly apprehensive about purchasing shoes unseen and without trying them on, but I’d heard the many stories of Zappos’ famed customer service and figured it was worth a shot. I ordered a pair of Nike shoes (nothing too crazy, about $50) and waited for them to arrive a few days later.

Zappos: Powered by ServiceThey arrived, and I noticed that both shoes had issues. One had a bit of what could only be described as overzealous gluing, and the other had a couple significant scuff marks on the leather on the side of the shoe. Needless to say I was disappointed. So I called Zappos, curious to see how their service folks would take care of me.

A human (Mike) answered the phone quickly. I explained the two problems with the shoes, and he was very apologetic. In a five-minute phone call Mike:

  • explained that they’d send a replacement pair of shoes overnight
  • upgraded my account to VIP status, giving me next-day shipping on future orders
  • emailed me a $15 coupon towards my next Zappos order
  • told me not to worry about sending back the defective shoes and that I could keep them for around the house or yard or such

Most companies would’ve exchanged the shoes, perhaps cross-shipping but requiring me to box up the old pair, take them to the post office, or otherwise go out of my way. Zappos went above and beyond the make the process as easy as possible for me, and threw in a little something extra to keep me as a customer. Well done.

The replacement shoes arrived without any problems. I have a nice pair of shoes, a slightly-less-than-ideal pair of shoes, and a desire to shop with Zappos in the future.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق